Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Baby Food Jars = Spice Container

So I saw a few similar ideas using baby food jars, and considering I had so many I thought It would be a good idea to reuse them for crafts!

Pin It
I have been saving the empty baby food jars for a few days.
I just cleaned them out really good, and after letting them soak in hot water for a few minutes, the labels pealed right off.


In addition to the baby food jars, I used glittery scrapbook paper, Mod Podge, craft glue, magnets, and a marker.
I started by using E6000 glue and gluing the magnets to the lids of the baby food jars.


While the glue was drying, I cut out small circles with the scrapbook paper and labeled the spices.


Then, I used a Mod Podge to glue the labels to the bottom of the baby food jars!
(I found that Mod Podge works best as opposed to any other craft glue. Others can cause the paper to wrinkle and not stick)


That's all! They are super easy to make, and they look nice on the side of the fridge. 
You can even use them in an office area for thumb tacks, paper clips, and safety pins...or in a craft nook for buttons, glitter, and rhinestones!
The possibilities are endless...and it even helps get rid of all of those baby food jars :-)
Oh, and with the extra scrapbook paper I made a few more paperclip magnets!


2 comments:

  1. Baby food jars can be used in many crafts. I really like your writing style and how you express your ideas. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you admin, it's really a very nice article indeed.

    By the away we are the Colourful Baby based in USA.
    Here we are to provide the best baby product and reviews to read.
    You can visit us to bring the best baby product as well.
    Below have some food storage and check now
    baby food storage containers thanks

    ReplyDelete