Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Key Holder Box

So a while back I was thinking of making something to go on the wall by my front door to hold my keys. I couldn't find any at the store that I liked, so I of course decided to make one.

(pictured is also our light switch covers, read more here!)

I found a really cute plain wood picture box in the craft section of Wal-Mart and thought it would be perfect! I started by painting the entire thing brown. Then when it was dry, I screwed hooks to the bottom of it for the keys to hang!
After that, all I needed to do was place a picture in the top slot and a handwritten quote saying "A house is made of walls and beams, a home is built with love and dreams"!


 It was fairly simple to make, and it can even double as a secret storage space!
(If you have trouble keeping the door shut once it is hanging on the wall, like I did, you can always glue a small strip of magnet on the box and inside of the door)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment